We all are aware of the importance of games in our life . It not only inculcate good habits in us like team spirit, leadership development, game spirit but also strengthen our physical and mental system.
On keeping this in mind government of India launched a special program called Khelo India School. After some thine the program was reintroduced as Khelo India. Our prime minister in 2019 launched a application of khelo India
Khelo India promotes games in 12 various categories. These categories are
• Play field development
• Community center
• State level khelo India centers
• Annual sports completion
• Talent search and development
• Utilization and creation/ up gradation of sports infrastructure
• Support to national ,regional sports academy
• Physical fitness of school children
• Sports for women
• Sports for disable persons
• Sports for peace and development
• Promotion of rural and indigenous tribal games
Games under 16 categories are organized by khelo India.
These categories are Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Football, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Kabaddi, Kho-Kho, Shooting, Swimming, Volleyball, Weightlifting, and Wrestling.
A high level committee select the talented players from various categories and a training worth 5 lac₹ is provided free of cost for eight years. Latest khelo India games For the first time Khelo India games held at Bhuweneshwar. Second time Khelo India games held at Pune. The third time Khelo India Youth Games was held from 10 January 2020 to 22 January 2020 in Guwahati, Assam, India.