The primary objective of the establishment of the Women’s Bank needs of women, particularly in view of providing banking products. Under normal savings account from 0.50 to 1.0% higher interest than banks can get to the option holders.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said at the opening of the Bank will provide financial services to women and their self-help groups.
They hope that through female bank would increase women’s participation in financial inclusion goals. At the beginning of the seven bank branches are open 25 branches reach up to the year 2013-14.
Some interesting facts associated with the first female bank
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh inaugurating the Women’s Bank , UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi , P Chidambaram and Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Vitrmntri .
- Lucknow , Mumbai , Guwahati , Kolkata , Chennai , Bangalore and Ahmedabad branches of the bank started
- Assembly elections will be opened in New Delhi and branches in Indore
- The bank’s headquarters will be in New Delhi , Usha became the first chairman Anantsubrmnyam
- 0.50 to 1.0 %, higher than bank savings account can Bancoen general interest
- 125 female bank officer in a bank , the male employee shall be appointed